If you want to work in Sweden, you must have applied for a work visa before entering the country.

Foreigners from countries with a visa requirement need to obtain a work permit if they want to be employed in Sweden.

Sweden work visa
A work permit is not required if:
  • You have a permanent residence permit.
  • You have a residence permit for study purposes.
  • You have a special residence permit to work as a researcher.
  • You are an asylum seeker and have an AT-UND (exemption from being obligated to hold a work permit).
  • You are a citizen of an EU country.


These are the requirements for obtaining a Sweden work permit:
  • You must have a valid passport
  • You must have a job offer/contract.
  • You must have been offered a salary according to the Swedish collective agreements.
  • You must have been offered a position that will be enough to support yourself with at least 1220€ (SEK 13,000) per month.
  • Your employer must provide insurance that covers health, life, employment, and pension.

A work permit allows you to bring your family to Sweden. Your family can get a residence permit for the same period as you. If the residence permit is granted for longer than six months, they can also get a work permit too. The requirement for your family is that you or your partner should financially support them.

How can you help me obtain a Sweden work Visa?

We are capable and experienced in helping you apply for a job. When it comes to this visa category. We are highly knowledgeable about the requirements and will communicate with you throughout the process to maximise your likelihood of a successful application.

For more enquiries on Sweden work visa, book a consultation with a consultant with e-lhr

Request a call back

Our Professionals will give you a call back.

Need Help?