Everyone who is not an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen needs a visa to work in Poland. If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen and want to work in Poland for longer than three months, you only have to register your stay in a local registration office. Registering your stay is not a visa application process; it is more of a notifying method to let Polish authorities know that you would like to stay and work in Poland for longer.

Poland Work Visa

If you are working in Poland with a temporary work permit of at least two years, then your family members can apply for polish family reunification. If your family members are granted a family reunification visa, they can live with you in Poland for the duration of your work permit.

What are the types of Czech Republic Work Permit visas?

We have two major Work Visas for the Czech Republic, such as:

Open Work Permit: This is a Work Permit that allows the bearer to work freely not for the company that issued it but with other companies or on his own in the host country.

Closed Work Permit: This Work permit is one where you are not allowed to work for any other company except the one which issued the work permit.

How to get a Poland Work Visa:

The steps for applying for a Poland work visa are:

  • Your employer applies for a work permit on your behalf.
  • You apply for a work visa at the Polish embassy.
  • Enter Poland and start working.

What are Poland Work Visa Requirements:

If you plan to start working in Poland, a Polish employer needs to apply for a work permit on your behalf at the local Voivodeship office (Governor’s Office in Poland).

  • Valid passport. Make sure your passport is valid for at least another six months; more if the embassy requires.
  • Visa application form. You must fill out the form via the e-Konsulat system (the Polish consular website), print it, and sign it.
  • Passport Photographs dimensions and requirements should fulfil the Schengen visa photo guidelines.
  • Flight Itinerates You must submit proof that you have purchased or at least booked a flight to Poland.
  • Proof of health insurance: Once you arrive in Poland, you will have to register for long-term health insurance, either with the Polish national health fund or a private insurance company. However, for the initial work visa application, you will be required to submit proof of travel health insurance.
  • Proof of accommodation. You must submit proof that you have a place to live in Poland during your stay.
  • Original and copied version of the work permit. Your employer will send you the work permit that they applied for on your behalf.
  • Employment letter. You must submit the original letter of employment, signed by your employee and stating your position, salary, and other details of your employment.
  • Work experience certificate or CV. Submit an updated copy of your CV and any certificates that attest to your work experience in the position you are applying for.
  • Police clearance certificate. You must prove that you do not have a criminal background.
Extending your Work Permit:

Your employer can extend your Poland work visa by renewing your contract. If you want to extend your work visa, you must do so 30 days before your work visa expires. Your employer may apply for an extension of your work permit at the local Voivodship Office.

How can you help me obtain a Polish Work Visa?

We are capable and experienced in helping you apply for a job. When it comes to this visa category. We are highly knowledgeable about the requirements and will communicate with you throughout the process to maximise your likelihood of a successful application.

For more enquiries on a Polish work visa, book a consultation with a consultant with e-lhr

Request a call back

Our Professionals will give you a call back.

Need Help?