Are you considering whether you could move to or stay here in a health and care role in the UK? If so our immigration consultants can put you in touch with recruiters in the UK.

The Health and Care Worker Visa was designed to encourage healthcare professionals from around the world to come to work in the UK health sector.

UK Health and Care Visa

Holders of the UK Health and Care visa are entitled to stay in the UK for five years at a time before they will need to apply to extend it; as long as you continue to meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply to extend this visa as many times as you like. You will also be required to apply to extend or update your visa in the event that you change your job or employer.



To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:

  • be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
  • work in an eligible health or social care job
  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do

Your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. You’ll need to apply to extend or update your visa when it expires or if you change jobs or employers. You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

Those coming to the UK on this visa will not, however, be permitted to:

  • Apply for most UK benefits (public funds) or the State Pension
  • Change to a different job or employer during their time in the UK, unless they successfully update their visa

When it comes to this visa category. We are highly knowledgeable about the requirements and will communicate with you throughout the process to maximize your likelihood of a successful application.


For more enquiries on UK Health & Care Visa Application, book a consultation with a consultant with e-lhr.

Request a call back

Our Professionals will give you a call back.

Need Help?