The F1 visa is a student visa that is given to international students who want to attend educational institutions in the United States. It covers levels from elementary school to university and graduate school, including other degrees.


Students wishing to study in the United States need to learn about the F-1 student visa application process. There are more than one million international students currently studying abroad in the USA, and with some preparation and guidance, you can join them. To help you get started, we have put together this step-by-step guide to US visas to help you understand what is the F-1 visa, F-1 visa rules, and F-1 visa requirements.


 e-lhr works with students to help them increase their chances of studying in and help them get their United States F1 (student) visa.

USA student visa
United States F1(student) Visa Requirement:

Here are the documents required to apply for an F1 Visa:

  • Your valid passport.
  • Passport Photographs.
  • Proof of paid F1 visa fee.
  • The amount of funds you need to finance your education and living in the US. You must submit documents which prove you have that amount readily available. This can be done by submitting various documents, such as:
    • Bank statements for the last 3 years
    • Tax records for the last 3 years
    • Pay stubs of previous employment
    • Paying a semester’s or a year’s worth of tuition is also a good idea, but not mandatory
    • If you are supported or sponsored by someone else in the US, you will need to submit a Form, Affidavit of Support and bank statements for the last three years of that person.
    • If you are funding your US education through a loan, you must also show proof of the approved loan
  • Documents that prove your previous education and current qualifications:
    • Original transcripts
    • Standardized test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, etc.)
    • Acceptance letters from the educational institution which accepted you
    • Previous degree diplomas
  • Proof of Health Insurance

Can I work part-time as an international student?  

Yes, you will be able to work in the US on an F-1 student visa. However, you will have to follow certain F-1 visa rules and restrictions:

  • You can only work part-time on campus while your academic term is in session
  • You can only work a maximum of 20 hours per week
  • You may be able to work off-campus with the approval of your university

During academic breaks, you will be permitted to work full time

Now that you know how US F1 visas for international students, get started. The sooner you begin fulfilling the USA study visa requirements, the better chance you will have of securing your spot at an American university.  For more enquiries on this, contact e-lhr.

Request a call back

Our Professionals will give you a call back.

Need Help?